Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Literature Circle Reflection


For my literature circle, I was in the satire group. We looked at all sorts of satire, including Jonathan Swift’s “Modest Proposal”, various pieces from The Onion, and David Sedaris satire. I chose to work in the satire group because my favorite type of literature is satirical. Also, I’m generally a pretty sarcastic guy, and since satire is based in sarcasm, I thought that this project would be right up my alley. We talked a lot about the different types of satire (for example, the Onion’s blatant sarcasm versus Jonathan Swift’s more serious tone but overall comical message). We also discussed the fact that almost all satire seems to be trying to make a point, or send a message to the audience. Overall, my group was pretty functional, and most of us seemed to really enjoy the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment