Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Poetry Reflection

Rolled two 2’s= 4 lines
Line 1= 3+3=6 words
Line 2= 5+5=10
Line 3= 3+2=5
Line 4= 1+2= 3

My pal since the sixth grade
Has a big golden statue in his own back yard
As golden as his heart
Aaron Micah Posner


Farewell
Friends, I bid you farewell.
For seven years I have accompanied you,
Relying on your kindness

I shall carry with me the hope, that
you, my friends
the ever-favorite object of my heart
will invariably be models of courage and fidelity.

After 18 years of my life, I can say that
With friends such as you,
I will never cease to view
These latter days
as my days of prosperity.

Adieu, my friends. Would I could press you all to my heart.

The above poem is a mixture of two historical speeches, those being Washington’s Farewell Address and Napoleons Farewell to the Old Guard.


(P.S. I left the last poem that I had at home, it’s a hard copy. Sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment